When it comes to developing investment properties, it's just as important to focus on the outside of the house as it is to focus on everything within. Good first impressions are vital and if the paving and the driveway are bad or unappealing, people will be instantly turned off and much less likely to purchase or rent the property. With this in mind, here are 5 perfect paving and driveway solutions for any investment property.
1. Brick PatioA brick patio can provide a really nice, homely feel to a property. Usually, if you’re going to use bricks for the paving, you’ll use red bricks, but of course, it’s for you to decide what’s best for your individual property. Not only is a brick patio something which has quite a lot of aesthetic appeal, but it is also something which is rather durable, making it even more appealing. Plus, it’s also not too difficult to do yourself.
2. MosaicIf you’re after something really fancy, then a mosaic may be the way to go. A mosaic pattern would look really good on the front driveway and would instantly catch the eye of anybody who’s interested in the property. It’s also something which is going to look great in the back garden and help to establish it firmly as a place of leisure and relaxation.
3. Resin Bonded PavingA gravel path can look very nice, but it’s also not at all durable and very difficult to maintain. If you want a gravel path, but without these setbacks, then it sounds like you need resin bonded paving. This has the exact same appearance as gravel but it is actually bonded together and much more solid. Take a look for yourself - there are a lot of benefits associated with this choice of paving.
4. Saxon PavingSaxon paving is quite a standard choice for garden paving, but it looks good and sturdy and is very durable. Ideal, perhaps, for bigger properties and something which would also work well for driveways. A good choice for any property developers who’re looking for something with a reliable and impressive look to it.
5. Rounded PatioObviously, you can’t use this for a driveway, but a rounded patio could be really good for a garden. When it comes to these, you’ll find that you’ll usually find them sold as individual, large, round slabs. Choosing one of these, will provide a garden with a nice, central area in which to put picnic tables, benches or any other attractions. It makes it easier to create an attractive focal point.
These are just five ideas for paving and driveway solutions, but there’s so much you can be doing for property development. On the more practical side of things, you might wish to look into taking steps to keeping the property safe from criminals. Potential renters and buyers who are aware of these sorts of things, might be very appreciative of such additions.
For those who do want to re-do the paving and driveway in or around any development properties that they own, these five suggestions should help provide some ideas. As some of these are jobs which could be done yourself (depending on your level of expertise) it’s definitely something worth thinking about. Even if some of these solutions are a little costlier, it’s an investment you’re likely to get a return on when somebody is keen to move in! What property development ideas do you have?