Permission from the planning department of a local authority to carry out approved works on a property. Includes:

  • extending a property
  • dividing off part of a property for business or commercial use or for a separate dwelling
  • using a building or caravan in a garden as a separate dwelling.
  • creation of a parking space for a commercial vehicle

Minor changes are allowed without needing to apply for planning permission.