Here’s a great article from our guest blogger, Matthew Moody. These tips are fantastic!
All too often, we get to December and everything slows down.
After all, there’s the parties, the present buying, the office shutting down, the big day, the nights in etc. Before you know it, you’re in January and December just flew by and you didn’t really achieve that much.
So, if you’re enthusiastic, you’re committed, you have some time on your hands and you want to add some more cashflow before the end of the year, then just follow my simple 10 Step Plan.
The Top 10 Things You Should Do In The Next 46 Days
- Ensure your properties are rented before 13th
Unfortunately once you get beyond this point, it’s only the most unorganized of tenants that want to move in after this date. Which in a sense is good because you can clear off all that admin in the period between 13th and Christmas Day.
Top Tip – Offer a month’s half-price rent to get them in before Christmas – works every time. Ring, ring and ring those leads and get your properties full.
- Perform maintenance checks and pay particular attention to plumbing, heating, drains, and electrics.
This is a key element of being pro-active. Do the work now and you won’t get the calls over Christmas. Plan it in right now and get your maintenance team or property manager on the case.
Top Tip – Send tenants a questionnaire asking them to complete to win a supermarket voucher. Use your loyalty card to buy the voucher.
- Get outstanding deals completed before 18th December as most solicitors will shut their doors for an extended break.
If you’ve got a deal in progress, likelihood is that if you’re reading this now and you haven’t closed it, then it may not happen this side of Christmas. But if you’re lucky enough to have closed a deal, got finance in place, then make sure you complete before Christmas by following our top tip.
Top Tip – Send everything by Special Delivery to ensure it gets to your solicitor on time.
- Get your paperwork in order.
Yep, it’s the boring things that count here. Having a system means it works fluidly – otherwise you end up chasing your tail.
Top Tip – Start first thing. Have a file for each property and everything else (ie insurance, mobile etc). Sort by property. File. Done.
- Continue reviewing deals and making offers. People are still trying to sell and most investors will be taking it easy this time of year. Don’t let it be you!
There are a ton of deals to be done. A portfolio deal I did a few years back was started just before Christmas – 19 days into the New Year, I took control of a £1.4 million pound portfolio for just £9 + legals. Make sure you are following up all those leads!
Top Tip – get offers in well before 18th December before the vendors start thinking about the turkey.
- Review mortgage rates and insurance policies that end in January. Now is the time to plan and talk to brokers.
Again, its being proactive that allows you to set yourself up for 2016 on the right footing. Start trawling through all of the policies now so that you can begin the conversations.
Top Tip – Take a calculated risk and get a fixed rate to benefit from potential future increases.
- Get ahead of the curve and attend my annual property event “Ultimate Cashflow Conference” November 27-29, London.
I run one major property conference every year and you’re invited.For just a miserly £32.50 a day (and even Scrooge could afford that right?) you get to hang out with me and 6 of the top property experts in the country who are all primed and ready to tell you how to
- Make more money
- Save more time
- Create less hassle for yourself
- Get ahead of the masses
- Interpret the market
- Plan for the future taxes and regulations
- Build yourself a top tip six figure property business.
- As well as all of this, we’ve got breakout workshops, business clinics, grill the panel sessions and a first in the UK property industry –
- A 6 month subscription to our new “Success Insider” magazine
Top Tip: Tickets are limited and we’re increasing the price on 13/12 so make sure you get in before the price rise.
Start planning your 2016 Plan. Review where you are in 2015, how you got on, what went right and wrong; then focus on 2015 objectives.
Top Tip – outsourcing, personal branding, massive action, joint ventures, trust planning and guerrilla marketing are some of my top buzz words and ways of doing business in 2016.
Get a good motivational book to read over the Christmas break. Whether it be a biography, marketing or personal development; have one ready to read when ‘The Sound of Music’ is on (again).
Top Tip – I regularly review books on my blog. Go and take a look and get one that takes your fancy. Some I recommend you check out this year include
- The Thank You Economy – Gary Vaynerchuck
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure – Grant Cardone
- Or for something different
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changes and Challengers
- Eat, drink and be merry. After all its Christmas and the season of goodwill be upon you and your families. I look forward to catching up with you in January.
I look forward to catching up with you in the New Year. For now, if you’re somebody ready to take massive action and start making money right away – then call us on 01604 630527 and book your weekend pass to “Ultimate Cashflow Conference” for a staggeringly low £97! Mention that Just Do Property sent you and we’ll take extra special care of you!