Legal requirements for landlords
There is a guide to renting out your property on the .gov.uk website. It’s a really useful guide and lists landlord’s responsibilities.
Legal Requirements include:
- Tenant Fees Act 2019
- Permission to let from the lender
- Check your tenant has the right to rent your property – if in England
- Give your tenant a copy of the How to rent checklist when they start renting from you (you can email it to them)
- Protetecting the tenant’s deposit in a government-approved scheme
- Arranging adequate insurance
- Making sure the property has an EPC
- Gas Safety Certificate
- Electrical certificate
- Make sure all gas and electrical equipment is safely installed
- Tenant’s Safety – fit and test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms
- the water supply must be working properly to protect tenants from Legionella
And much more…..
Download our free guide today to make sure that you understand and adhere to all the legal requirements for landlords
There is also a great article in the blog which discusses another legal property issue – “What are squatters rights in the UK” that’s also a great read.
The Lastest blogs from our Accounts…
As you may already know, there have been a lot of reports published by the press showing how young people in the UK are struggling to get onto the...
Landlords could be set to lose out on tens of thousands of pounds of income from their buy to let investments, starting next year when proposed tax...
The Telegraph have produced a useful summary which gives details of the buy to let tax changes and mortgage interest relief. ...
It's been reported this week that a million landlords will raise rents in order to beat the government's tax crackdown next year. From...
We were saddened to hear this news this afternoon, but on a positive note the fight will continue. Commenting on the High Court decision to...
There have been some interesting headlines this week relating to landlords and property investing. Here is the news in brief: 1.8...